Shawnee Inn Holiday Recipe: Roast Loin of Pork with Cinnamon Apple &
Dried Fruit Compote
2 lb. Pork Loin
1 tb. Clarified Butter
1 tb. Onion, chopped
1 tsp. Ginger, grated
½ tsp. Cinnamon Powder
¼ c. Tawny Port
½ tsp. Cumin Powder
¼ c. Shawna Farm Honey
Salt and Pepper to taste
Dried Fruits soaked in ¼ c.
¼ c. Red Currants
¼ c. Blueberries
meat temperature is 150 degrees. Let the meat rest while sauce is prepared.
2. Sautee onions to golden brown in butter.
3. Add ginger, cinnamon powder, cloves and cumin powder. Sweat.
4. Add the dried fruits soaked in port wine.
5. Turn off the heat and whisk in honey.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
7. Finish with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
8. Slice pork to desired thickness and pour sauce on top.
Like this recipe? Repin it to your holiday recipe board.
See our complete list of holiday recipes from the Pocono Mountains here.