As we near the start of summer, the Pocono Mountains is ready to kick adventure into high gear! Check out our summer adventure bucket list, and check off your next outdoor adventure.
Last year, we conquered the summer adventure bucket list; now's your turn! Browse our itinerary below for 13 items to cross off your list all summer long.
1. Pocono Whitewater’s Big Day Out - Experience one Big Day Out filled with biking, hiking, and whitewater rafting on the Lehigh River and Lehigh Gorge.
2. Off-Road Adventure - Explore the Pocono Mountains firsthand on an off-road adventure. Take an all-terrain vehicle tour throughout the varying landscapes.
3. Ziplining - Fly above the trees on a zip line ride! Zip alone for a refreshing scenic experience, or race your family and friends for bragging rights.
4. Paintball - Get your adrenaline pumping with a game of paintball! Join Skirmish Paintball’s largest paintball game in the world, “Invasion of Normandy.”
5. Race Car Experience - Feel like a pro behind the wheel of a NASCAR-style stock car. Buckle up, take on Pocono Raceway during a Stock Car Racing Experience.
6. Jet Skiing - You’ve skied our mountains, come ski our lakes! Hop on a jet ski and glide across Lake Wallenpaupack at top speeds.
7. Stand-up Paddleboarding - Try out your balance while stand-up paddleboarding. This low-impact Hawaiian sport harmonizes both exercise and adventure.
8. Biking Challenge - Push yourself to complete the 32-mile McDade Recreational Trail. Travel along the Delaware River on this packed gravel path.
9. Pocono Slingshot Rentals - Take a ride with Pocono Slingshot Rentals. Tour the Pocono Mountains like never before in a 360-degree view, open-air cockpit.
10. Mountain Coaster/Pocono Pipeline - Zoom down the mountain on Camelback Mountain Adventures’ Mountain Coaster or Pocono Pipeline! Ride solo, or double-up on either mountain ride!
11. Delaware River Sojourn - Cool off as you kayak the Delaware River while enjoying a variety of nature, culture, and history. For a true sojourn experience, participate in the seven-day guided paddling trip.
12. Mountain Adventures - Find your thrills at an adventure park! Challenge yourself to a treetop ropes course, in addition to rock climbing, bungee trampolines, and more.
13. Skydiving - Float above the clouds while skydiving! Enjoy the free-fall views of the Pocono Mountains and the New York City Skyline.
No order necessary, choose your own adventure! Want to experience as much fun as you can? Find a place to stay in the Pocono Mountains to rest up before going back out for more outdoor adventure.
In addition to our Facebook Live and Instagram stories, we want to see yours! Be sure to share your summer adventure bucket list experiences on social media using #PoconoBucketList.