The turkey may steal the show, but we can’t forget about the desserts. Need a last-minute treat for Thanksgiving? The Frogtown Bistro at Mountain View Vineyard Winery & Brewery has shared a simple, yet yummy dish you can prepare in no time that pairs with a wine available exclusively at the vineyard.
Power through this Thanksgiving, and save room for Chef Lyman’s Brioche Bread Pudding! Pair with Mountain View Vineyard's Mountain Goat White, and enjoy a little taste of the Poconos. View our recipe card and step-by-step instructions below on how to recreate this dish at home.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
2. First, spray 13”x 21” pan with non-stick spray. Next, line pan with parchment paper and spray
3. Cut buns into smaller pieces and put in pan
4. Prepare Brioche Bread Pudding
In a large bowl, combine:
2 cups sugar
2 tbsp. of cinnamon
3 cups heavy cream
3 cups half and half
1 tbsp. of vanilla
(Makes 18 servings)
5. Blend together and pour into pan
Make sure all of your bread is soaking in the mixture
6. Bake covered with foil for one hour and 15 minutes
7. Carefully remove foil and continue to bake for another 15 minutes
8. Let cool partially before serving
Interested in something sweeter? Purchase Mountain View Vineyard’s Apple Pie Shine to mix in with a caramel sauce for an extra topping.
For kids 21 and over, pair with Mountain View Vineyard’s Mountain Goat White for an additional treat.
If you're looking to make a smaller batch, simply cut the ingredients in half. Enjoy other seasonal dishes from flatbreads to soups at the Frogtown Bistro at Mountain View Vineyard. The Crab Bisque is a must-try on your next visit, but don’t expect this recipe; it’s a secret.
Mountain View Vineyard hosts seasonal events and weddings, features a wine of the month and recently opened a brewery at their new location last month – make sure to try the Hefeweizen with the Crab Bisque. The beer, wine and spirits trifecta has been achieved. Cheers!