Old Jail Museum
Wander the Old Jail's cold hallways, past Cell 17 with its mysterious handprint on the wall, under the gallows on which seven of the accused Molly Maguires were put to death, and down into the eerie dungeon.Hanging site of seven accused coal miners known as the Molly Maguires in the 1870s. Contains the mysterious handprint-on-the-wall and reconstructed gallows. Built in 1871; occupied as a jail until 1995. Open daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Closed Wednesdays. Tours start at noon, the last tour is at 4:30pm. Weekends only September - October. Closed November - May.