Official destination marketing organization for Carbon, Monroe, Pike, and Wayne Counties, PA – collectively known as the Pocono Mountains
1004 W. Main St. Stroudsburg, PA 18360 | 1-800-POCONOS (1-800-762-6667) | 570-421-5791 | firstname.lastname@example.org | PoconoMountains.com
Request A Visit
Thank you for your interest in the Pocono Mountains! The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau aids in assisting visiting writers, bloggers and influencers in exchange for publicity.
We receive a considerable number of requests from journalists seeking legitimate media privileges. As a result, and to most effectively cater to your deadlines or requests, we ask your cooperation in following these media guidelines:
- All requests must be made, and all credentials received, a minimum of three business weeks in advance. This allows us to pursue suitable lodging, based on availability, and make other arrangements to enhance your visit.
- Travel press should provide insight on the media outlet being represented and two recently published travel articles to Kelly Shannon along with the completed request form below.
- Online media are asked to submit all of the above, along with third party documentation of web traffic to Kelly Shannon. They must be active on social media and committed to posting during the trip while utilizing #PoconoMtns in their posts, as well as sharing their final product on social media.
- Social media influencers should provide a letter of interest and at least two examples of working with other hospitality markets. They should have a good engagement rate along with a committed group of followers.
- Approved visiting media will be asked to sign an agreement from the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau.
- Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau does not pay for hotel accommodations, but where appropriate, can liaise with its lodging partners to try to secure a media rate, or in some special occasions, complimentary accommodations. If our partners offer to comp media or offer discounted rates, it will be for a maximum of three nights. Black-out periods may be experienced throughout the year. Since the final decision is made by lodging partners, the PMVB cannot guarantee pricing. Also, please note that complimentary and discounted accommodations typically include room rate only, not incidentals such as gratuity, phone charges, Wi-Fi, parking and room service.
- Please understand that assistance is provided for members of the working media. Host locations are not always able to accommodate spouses, children, photographers and visitors accompanying working journalists.
- While complimentary meals can be requested, they are provided at the discretion of the host business. Complimentary meals exclude gratuity and alcohol and will only be for the writer unless the host wishes to extend the invitation to additional guests.
- The PMVB will provide destination escorts as needed, in-person interviews with key executives, high-resolution photography and fact checking.
- Journalists should notify the PR department immediately of any change in plans.