The Haunted Pocono Trolley returns this fall from a new launching point: tours now begin and end at The Historic Castle Inn, with several spooky stops within the borough of Delaware Water Gap. Tickets are available at The Historic Castle Inn and online at PoconoDayTripper.com.
A Grand Opening Celebration is scheduled at the Historic Castle Inn for Friday, September 9, 2022 at 7pm. Located at 20 Delaware Avenue in Delaware Water Gap, the Historic Castle Inn has its own hotel haunts to explore. But it’s not the only shadowy location steeped in local lore.
From Native American legends to infamous murders and enduring mysteries of modern times, Pocono ghost stories abound. Now you can experience the sights and hear the stories firsthand on Pocono Day Tripper’s Haunted History Trolley Tour. Running Friday and Saturday evenings throughout the months of September and October, brave passengers find themselves cruising back country roads in an authentically restored trolley, exploring local legends both macabre and mystical.
Hop on the trolley and join our ghoulish guides as they lead the way to places where even locals dare not tread, especially after dark. You’ll discover:
- The Delaware Water Gap eatery where a grisly ax murder remains unsolved to this day. Listen closely and you may just hear the unearthly warning to “Get out!”
- The craggy mountain cliff where fiery balls of light mark the place where a forbidden couple met their demise.
- The old county jail where the Poconos’ own “rain man” defied gravity and the laws of nature in a mysterious tale that baffles visitors and haunts the memories of local lawmen to this day.
- Frightening specters that call our local university home. Yes, we’ve got school spirit(s)!
- The Pocono resort with its very own woman in white who relives her tragic wedding day for all of eternity.
- Much, much more!
Founded by Peter Luck in 2014, Pocono Day Tripper is the Pocono’s premiere transportation authority. What makes Pocono Day Tripper so special? It’s the personal touch and attention to service that sets Pocono Day Tripper apart from the rest. Peter personally trains and manages the Pocono Day Tripper’s team of drivers to ensure they deliver on the promise of safe, comfortable, convenient transportation. Every. Single. Time.
Don’t be surprised if you find yourself being escorted by Peter himself. Peter takes pride in being a hands-on owner, so getting behind the wheel and exceeding your expectations is all in a day’s work. We at Pocono Day Tripper sincerely hope you enjoy your adventure trip as much as we enjoy serving you.