The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau supports future leaders in the hospitality and tourism industry with a variety of scholarships for high school and undergraduate students.
Scholarships provided by the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau set up our region's workforce for success by encouraging local students to pursue degrees in hotel, restaurant and tourism management, recreation and leisure services management or related fields that support the hospitality and tourism industry.
Class of 2022 PMVB Scholarship Recipients
Scholarships for High School Seniors
High school scholarships are awarded upon completion of the student's first semester at an accredited post-secondary school in an approved course of study. Interested students should reach out to your school's advisor or guidance counselor to see if you qualify and to begin the application process. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for full application requirements.
Available to students entering their 12th year of study at a high school or technical institute within one of the four counties of the Poconos:
- PMVB Hospitality Scholarship: $1,000. Recipient's major must be in Hospitality Management/Travel & Tourism Management, Culinary Arts or Recreation and Leisure Services Management.
- PMVB General Scholarship: $500. Recipient's major must be in an area, such as business or design, that would support hospitality, tourism or recreation.
Available exclusively to Wallenpaupack Area School District seniors:
- Harry & Mary Kiesendahl Memorial Scholarship: $1,000. Recipient's major must be in Hospitality Management/Travel & Tourism Management or Culinary Arts.
Scholarships for Undergraduates
Available to students at East Stroudsburg University:
- Bob Uguccioni Endowed Scholarship. This scholarship will assist an East Stroudsburg University undergraduate student majoring in Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management program. Scholarship recipients must be full-time students with at least a 2.90 overall QPA and 3.0 QPA in their major who have completed at least 60 credits at ESU. Scholarship recipients will be selected annually in the Spring semester by the ESU Hotel, Restaurant & Tourism Management Department Scholarship Committee. The award will be credited to the recipient's tuition and fees for the following fall semester.
- PMVB Annual Scholarship: $1,000. Recipients must be majoring in Recreation and Leisure Services Management. Students must be enrolled full-time and have completed at least 62 credits at ESU with a minimum QPA of 3.0 overall and in their major. Must have a minimum of nine credits in their major and demonstrate leadership qualities and involvement in commercial recreation/tourism industry activities. Selected by the ESU Recreation and Leisure Services Management Scholarship Committee and PMVB. Contact Laurie Schaller, Staff Accountant and Scholarship Coordinator at the East Stroudsburg University Foundation, with any questions.
Available to students at Northampton County Community College – Monroe Campus:
- PMVB Endowed Scholarship.
- PMVB Heart of Hospitality Award: $1,000. Recipients must have a 3.00 GPA or higher and have completed their internship the summer or fall prior to applying, or be currently enrolled in the internship class and have over 125 hours completed during the spring semester. Contact David Schweiger with any questions.
To learn more about PMVB scholarships, please contact email@example.com.