The Mountain Region is a great place to explore during your vacation in the Pocono Mountains.
Renowned for its downhill skiing or snow boarding, tubing down the slopes and other winter fun, the mountain region is a gem in the summer months too. Drive down a back country road with views of mountain ranges or through beautiful woodlands to your country accommodations. If you like to rough-it in a campground, stay in a quaint country inn, a quiet retreat, or get the finest most luxurious of hotels, the Mountain region has something for you.
Enjoy antiques, looking for the perfect homemade craft or want designer items at the best of prices? Explore and visit some of the region's fabulous country stores and specialty shops highlighting, cheesecake, homemade candies, pottery and candles. Sometimes these unique shops offer free demonstrations. Discount shopping for fireworks and catalog closeouts are a great find. Visit The Crossings Premium Outlets for brand named items from Nike, Ann Taylor, Jones of New York and The Gap just to name a few of over 100 stores to visit. Stop in the town of Stroudsburg for browsing and visit some of the fabulous dining establishments.
- Wine and Pub around the area when you visit Sorrenti's Cherry Valley Wineries or tour Barley Creek Brewing Company.
- Plan a day at one of the local Playpark and Waterparks or take the fast lane and try your hand at Go-Karting.
- Try horseback riding or experience the excitement of paintball wars.
- Spend time in the state parks, hiking the variety of trails available.
- Take part in a sporting clay event.
- Choose from a variety of ski resorts in the area for your family or group.
The four-county region boasts more than 35 golf courses, which are home to hundreds of holes, including championship courses built by Donald Ross, Jack Nicklaus and A.W. Tillinghast.
- Plan a day of golf then finish your day relaxing at one of the day spas or relax at one of a local pub, inn, family restaurant or an exclusive gourmet dining experience at one of the many local dining establishments. A variety of options for everyone's tastes.
Something for the children:
- Start the day at Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm where you can experience the real workings of 18th century farm.
- Spend the day at one of the regions fabulous waterparks either indoor or outdoor...it's the perfect way to cool down.
- Stop by the Claws ‘N Paws Wild Animal Park for some relaxed time with the animals which includes an opportunity to pet and feed the animals.
- For the teens try Go Karts or Live Fire Paintball.