A unique location steeped with Rail and Canal history.
The Lake region surrounds stunning Lake Wallenpaupack. This man-made lake built in 1927 covers 5,700 acres and is 13 ½ miles long with 52 miles of shoreline. The lake has six public recreation areas featuring hundreds of acres of forest lands, wildlife, walking trails, campsites and boat slips. The Lake Region offers opportunity for boating, fishing, swimming and horseback riding and is also near entertainment venues, recreational cooking schools, full service resorts and small intimate country inns and bed and breakfasts.
Experience the Pocono Mountains Lake Region
- Arrive the first evening to relax and prepare for your weekend getaway. Choose your style of lodging - the area has accommodations from luxury resorts to charming country inns and quaint B&Bs.
- Dine at one of the local restaurants, choosing from romantic fine dining to pubs filled with "local" flavor.
- Start your day exploring the local shops and antique trails in Hawley.
- Visit Historic Honesdale for more shopping, sightseeing and historic attractions.
- Stop off at the Dorflinger Glass Museum and see some of the finest lead crystal creations in the country created by French glass maker Christian Dorflinger.
- Visit the Museum Shop and the Gallery for local history and contemporary regional artists.
- Schedule your visit between June and August to experience the Wildflower Festival of Music & Art.
- Finish your evening with a dinner and show package available from some of your local restaurants and playhouses.
Day 3: (many options to choose from)
- For the horse lovers plan a morning horseback trail ride through the woods, taking in all the glorious sighs of nature.
- For those that prefer the water, rent boats for fishing or just enjoy a leisurely scenic boat tour of Lake Wallenpaupack.
- Depending on the season visit family fun attractions or spend the day on the slopes skiing or tubing.or your camper and stay awhile.