Memorial Day weekend kicks off 2023 spring/summer event season
Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer, and with that, the kickoff of fairs, festivals, and fireworks in the Pocono Mountains. Check out some of the biggest events planned in our small towns, resorts, and other regional destinations for June-August 2023:
- West End Fireman’s Festival: June 1-3
- Explore the Town Next Door: June 3
- Pocono Pride Festival: June 4
- Outdoor Summer Community Concert Series: June 7-August 30
- Milford Music Festival: June 9-11
- Weatherly Hillclimb: June 9-11, September 15-17
- Poconos Triathlon Festival: June 10-11
- Delaware River Sojourn: June 17-23
- Great Tastes of PA Wine & Food Festival: June 17-18
- Honesdale Roots & Rhythm Music & Arts Festival: June 17
- Juneteenth Freedom Festival: June 17
- Pocono Juneteenth Festival: June 18
- Pocono Dragon Boat Race: June 24
- Eastburg’s Big Bang Fireworks: July 1
- Honesdale Fireworks Celebration: July 1
- Shawnee Fireworks Display: July 1
- Wildflower Concert Series: July 1-August 12
- Lake Ariel Fireworks Display: July 2
- Camelback’s Independence Day Fireworks: July 2
- Skytop Lodge’s Fourth of July Celebration: July 3
- Lake Wallenpaupack Fireworks: July 4
- Shawnee Riverfest: July 9
- Latin Fusion Fest: July 15
- NASCAR Cup Series Race Weekend: July 21-23
- Honey & Blueberry Festival: July 22-30
- Sunflower Festival: August 4-13
- Wayne County Fair: August 4-12
- Carbon County Fair: August 7-12
- Elements Music & Arts Festival: August 11-14
- West End Fair: August 20-26
- Greene Dreher Sterling Fair: August 25-September 3
- Pocono State Craft Festival: August 26-27
- Wally Lake Fest: August 26-27
In addition, numerous attractions are now operating on select dates through the next several months including Big Day Out, StockCar Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway, and The Haunted Candle Shoppe Tour.
The fun continues through Labor Day weekend and beyond with events such as StroudFest, Tough Mudder Poconos, Pickle Me Poconos Festival, and International Food Festival.
Plus, autumn comes alive with an array of fall festivals, scenic train rides, and other unique ways to enjoy the region’s vibrant, nationally-recognized foliage.
Check out our summer events blog and visit PoconoMountains.com/Events for information about year-round happenings across the four-county region.
Insider Guide to Pocono Events This Summer
There are 93 days of summer vacation, and they're all up ahead of you, waiting to be enjoyed!…
From cozy bed & breakfasts to adults-only romantic escapes; the Pocono Mountains host a variety of places to stay.
Stay updated with what's going on in the Pocono Mountains by signing up for our free e-newsletter.
About the Pocono Mountains
With 2,400 square miles encompassing Pennsylvania’s Wayne, Pike, Monroe, and Carbon counties, the Pocono Mountains region is home to rolling mountain terrain, breathtakingly beautiful waterfalls, thriving woodlands and 170 miles of winding rivers. Winters offer guests the opportunity to ski, snowboard, snow tube and even snowshoe their way through snowy wonderlands encompassing more than 163 ski trails, while summers also cater to the active traveler allowing exploration of 261 miles of hiking and biking trails, more than 30 golf courses, whitewater rafting, boating, fishing and open access to nine state and two national parks
Pocono Mountains visitor information is available online at PoconoMountains.com or by phone at (570) 421-5791. Follow @PoconoTVNetwork on Twitter to stay current with up-to-date information. Established in 1934, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau is a private, non-profit membership organization. The PMVB is the official destination marketing organization for the four counties of Wayne, Pike, Monroe, and Carbon in Northeastern Pennsylvania.