Reopening the Poconos
Last Updated: 5/28/2020 at 12:00pm
A resource for tourism businesses in the Poconos outlining the process of reopening to the public.
The Pocono Mountains is happy to report that – As of May 29, 2020, all four counties of the Poconos Region - Monroe, Pike, Carbon, and Wayne - are in the Yellow Phase of Governor Wolf’s plan to reopen Pennsylvania. Prior to reopening, businesses should read and follow the requirements detailed in Guidance for Businesses Permitted to Operate During the Covid-19 Disaster Emergency to Ensure the Safety and Health of Employees and the Public provided by Governor Wolf’s office.
Click here for additional details and scroll down to Businesses in the Yellow Phase.
Our hope is to have the 4 counties in the Green Phase by mid-June. This would allow businesses operating at 50% occupancy in the Yellow Phase to move to 75% occupancy.
In response, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has pulled together valuable resources your organization can utilize to reopen. Included on this page are signs and guidelines, recommended suppliers of PPE and a link to the EPA disinfectant list. The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has worked with their members and leaders of the community to provide a Marketing Tool Kit. Below you will also find training for employees and industry specific guidelines. Please refer back to our Reopening Page where new information is provided and adapted as new data emerges.
Additional resource pages from the White House, OSHA, the CDC, and other public sector offices are listed to provide valuable information for your business to use for reopening. The priority during this time will be the safety of staff and consumers as the goal is to continue to protect lives.
May 1, 2020 Openings: Governor Wolf announces May 1 Statewide Reopening of Limited Outdoor Recreational Activities, including golf courses and private campgrounds, to help rebuild the economy and promote mental and physical health.
Pocono Mountains Branded Signs (see below)
- Guidance to Stop the Spread
- We're Open
- We're Doing Our Part
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Flyer
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Poster
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Postcard
- CDC: Guidance for Businesses in the Restaurant Industry
- CDC: Considerations for Restaurants and Bars
- FDA Best Practices for Restaurants
- National Restaurant Association Covid-19 Reopening Guidance
- PRLA Restaurant Promise
- Servsafe Food Handler Products
- Servsafe Takeout & Servsafe Delivery Training Videos
- Amusement Parks and Attractions
- Golf Courses
- Parks & Recreational Facilities
Industry professions can work together to bulk buy.
- Apex Advertisting* – Dave Ancharski, 717-533-1507, email@example.com ( PPE)
- TCB Promotions* – Melissa Moritz, 570-503-3954, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pocono ProFoods* – Drew Snyder, 570-517-7773, email@example.com
- THE MRL GROUP -Tracey Isenmann, 866-568-0574 x 258, firstname.lastname@example.org ( Mask Options)
- Pakoil Company - Melissa Smith, 610-360-7669, email@example.com ( Polo PPE Pricing)
- Barely Creek* - hand sanitizer - available – visit website for large amounts or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Safeguard* - Kevin Lloyd, 610-443-1616, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PA directory for businesses
* Denotes Member of the Pocono Mountains Visitor Bureau
Click here for a searchable list of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2. This comprehensive list has over 300 products can be used against the Covid Virus. As always, follow the directions listed on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product.
The websites below offer cleaning and disinfecting guidance for businesses and can also be applied at home.