Reopening the Poconos
Last Updated: 4/7/2021 at 6:24pm
A resource for tourism businesses in the Poconos outlining the process of reopening to the public.
All four counties of Pocono Mountains region are in the Green Phase. Masks are mandatory in all public spaces in Pennsylvania. Please continue to practice social distancing.
Your commitment has been an essential part of our region’s ability to stay open. And by upholding the Pocono Promise, the counties can remain open allowing our region to be the fun responsible destination it has always been.
Wayne, Pike, Monroe and Carbon Counties are in the Green Phase of Governor Wolf’s COVID response Plan for Pennsylvania.
* Restriction Updates
- Guidance for Businesses in the Restaurant Industry Permitted to Operate During the COVID-19 (updated 4/2/2021)
- COVID-19 Guidance for Businesses (updated 4/2/2021)
- Targeted Mitigation FAQ (updated 4/1/2021)
- Gov. Wolf: Effective April 4, More Options for Restaurants and Other Businesses, Mass Gathering Maximums Increase (updated 3/15/2021)
- Gathering limits to 25% for indoor events and 50% for outdoor.
- Increase capacity for other businesses to 75%, including personal services facilities, gyms, and entertainment facilities like casinos, theatres, malls.
- Mask-wearing, social distancing, and other worker safety measures will still be in place.
- PA Dept of Health Amends Universal Face Coverings Order to Align with CDC Guidance (updated 3/23/2021)
- Gov. Wolf Revises Mitigation Order on Gatherings and Lifts Out-of-State Travel Restrictions (updated 3/1/2021)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information (updated 12/30/20)
Cick here for additional details for Businesses operating in the Green Phase. Also follow the link for an advisory notice from the PA Liquor Control Board about accommodations for outdoor dining and the extension of licensed premises for sale of liquor.
In response, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has pulled together valuable resources your organization can utilize to reopen and stay open. Included on this page are signs and guidelines, recommended suppliers of PPE and a link to the EPA disinfectant list. The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has worked with their members and leaders of the community to provide a Marketing Tool Kit. Below you will also find training for employees and industry specific guidelines. Please refer back to our Reopening Page where new information is provided and adapted as new data emerges.
Additional resource pages from each of the Counties, the White House, OSHA, the CDC, and other public sector offices are listed to provide valuable information for your business to use for reopening. The priority during this time will be the safety of staff and consumers as the goal is to continue to protect lives.
- Plan for Pennsylvania
- View PMVB Member Webinars (updated 4/7/2021)
- Early Warning Monitoring System Dashboard (updated 11/17/20)
Pocono Mountains Branded Signs (see below)
- Stand with Restaurants! ( Flyer)
- Guidance to Stop the Spread
- We're Open
- We're Doing Our Part
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Flyer
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Poster
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Postcard
- Online Self-Certification Form
- FAQ: PA Self-Certification Program
- Restaurants May Increase Indoor Occupancy to 50% Starting September 21st
- Wolf Administration Announces Targeted Mitigation
- PA Government Website: Guidance for Businesses in the Restaurant Industry
- CDC: Guidance for Businesses in the Restaurant Industry
- CDC: Considerations for Restaurants and Bars
- FDA Best Practices for Restaurants
- Guidance for Licensees in Yellow and Green Counties
- National Restaurant Association Covid-19 Reopening Guidance
- PRLA Restaurant Promise
- Servsafe Food Handler Products
- Servsafe Takeout & Servsafe Delivery Training Videos
- AHLA: Enhanced Industry-Wide Hotel Cleaning Standards
- Operational Considerations
- PRLA Hotel & Lodging Promise
- Amusement Parks and Attractions
- Golf Courses
- Museums and Cultural Organization
- Parks & Recreational Facilities
- DCNR Requires Out-of-State Visitors to Have Negative COVID-19 Test or Quarantine Before Visiting Parks
- Resources for Parks and Recreational Facilities (operator)
- PRPS Recreation and Park Reopening Guidelines (summary)
- PRPS Recreation and Park Reopening Guidelines (Revised & Expanded) includes guidance on the following:
- Visiting Parks and Recreational Facilities (visitor)
- Ski & Snows Activities
Industry professions can work together to bulk buy.
- Apex Advertisting* – Dave Ancharski, 717-533-1507, email@example.com ( PPE)
- TCB Promotions* – Melissa Moritz, 570-503-3954, firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE MRL GROUP -Tracey Isenmann, 866-568-0574 x 258, email@example.com ( Mask Options)
- Pakoil Company - Melissa Smith, 610-360-7669, firstname.lastname@example.org ( Polo PPE Pricing)
- Barely Creek* - hand sanitizer - available – visit website for large amounts or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- PA directory for businesses
* Denotes Member of the Pocono Mountains Visitor Bureau
Click here for a searchable list of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2. This comprehensive list has over 300 products can be used against the Covid Virus. As always, follow the directions listed on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product.
The websites below offer cleaning and disinfecting guidance for businesses and can also be applied at home.
- Wayne County
- Pike County
- Pike County Emergency Rental Assistance
- Pike County Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Pike Small Business Forgivable Loan Program
- Pike County Government Facilities Will Limit Public Access
- COVID-19 Test Sites
- Pike County COVID-19 Relief Funding Available
- Public Gatherings in County of Pike
- Monroe County
- Carbon County