Reopening the Poconos
Last Updated: 10/16/2020 at 8:23am
A resource for tourism businesses in the Poconos outlining the process of reopening to the public.
All four counties of Pocono Mountains region are in the Green Phase of reopening as of June 19. Masks are mandatory in all public spaces in Pennsylvania. Please continue to practice social distancing. The PA Department of Health informs travelers to stay at home and quarantine after returning from an area where high amounts of COVID-19 cases are reported.
Your commitment has been an essential part of our region’s ability go Green. And by upholding the Pocono Promise, the counties can stay Green allowing our region to be the fun responsible destination it has always been.
Wayne, Pike, Monroe and Carbon Counties are in the Green Phase of Governor Wolf’s plan to reopen Pennsylvania. The below graph is a summary of the Green Phase Restrictions.
* Restriction Updates
- Governor Tom Wolf announced that restaurants may increase indoor occupancy to 50 percent starting September 21st. Restaurant will commit to strictly complying to all public health safety guidelines and orders through a self-certification process. Click here for Open and Certified Pennsylvania to learn more and certify your restaurant. (updated 10/16/2020)
- Governor Wolf and Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine amended existing orders for both indoor and outdoor event gathering limits for the state. Note that social distancing and mask wearing must continue amid the changes. These go into effect on Friday, October 9. Click here for full announcement released (10/5/2020)
Click here for additional details for Businesses operating in the Green Phase. Also follow the link for an advisory notice from the PA Liquor Control Board about accommodations for outdoor dining and the extension of licensed premises for sale of liquor.
In response, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has pulled together valuable resources your organization can utilize to reopen and stay open. Included on this page are signs and guidelines, recommended suppliers of PPE and a link to the EPA disinfectant list. The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has worked with their members and leaders of the community to provide a Marketing Tool Kit. Below you will also find training for employees and industry specific guidelines. Please refer back to our Reopening Page where new information is provided and adapted as new data emerges.
Additional resource pages from each of the Counties, the White House, OSHA, the CDC, and other public sector offices are listed to provide valuable information for your business to use for reopening. The priority during this time will be the safety of staff and consumers as the goal is to continue to protect lives.
- Process to Reopen Pennsylvania
- Gov. Wolf Announces Additional $96 Million in State Grants released (10/5/2020)
- View PMVB Member Webinars (updated 9/16/2020)
Pocono Mountains Branded Signs (see below)
- Stand with Restaurants! ( Flyer)
- Guidance to Stop the Spread
- We're Open
- We're Doing Our Part
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Flyer
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Poster
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Postcard
- Online Self-Certification Form
- FAQ: PA Self-Certification Program
- Restaurants May Increase Indoor Occupancy to 50% Starting September 21st
- Wolf Administration Announces Targeted Mitigation
- PA Government Website: Guidance for Businesses in the Restaurant Industry
- CDC: Guidance for Businesses in the Restaurant Industry
- CDC: Considerations for Restaurants and Bars
- FDA Best Practices for Restaurants
- Guidance for Licensees in Yellow and Green Counties
- National Restaurant Association Covid-19 Reopening Guidance
- PRLA Restaurant Promise
- Servsafe Food Handler Products
- Servsafe Takeout & Servsafe Delivery Training Videos
- AHLA: Enhanced Industry-Wide Hotel Cleaning Standards
- Operational Considerations
- PRLA Hotel & Lodging Promise
- Amusement Parks and Attractions
- Golf Courses
- Museums and Cultural Organization
- Parks & Recreational Facilities
Industry professions can work together to bulk buy.
- Apex Advertisting* – Dave Ancharski, 717-533-1507, firstname.lastname@example.org ( PPE)
- TCB Promotions* – Melissa Moritz, 570-503-3954, email@example.com
- Pocono ProFoods* – Drew Snyder, 570-517-7773, firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE MRL GROUP -Tracey Isenmann, 866-568-0574 x 258, email@example.com ( Mask Options)
- Pakoil Company - Melissa Smith, 610-360-7669, firstname.lastname@example.org ( Polo PPE Pricing)
- Barely Creek* - hand sanitizer - available – visit website for large amounts or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safeguard* - Kevin Lloyd, 610-443-1616, email@example.com
- Stat Medical PPE* - Ronni Prince, 305-945-0011, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PA directory for businesses
* Denotes Member of the Pocono Mountains Visitor Bureau
Click here for a searchable list of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2. This comprehensive list has over 300 products can be used against the Covid Virus. As always, follow the directions listed on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product.
The websites below offer cleaning and disinfecting guidance for businesses and can also be applied at home.