Reopening the Poconos
Last Updated: 1/5/2021 at 1:28pm
A resource for tourism businesses in the Poconos outlining the process of reopening to the public.
All four counties of Pocono Mountains region are in the Green Phase. Masks are mandatory in all public spaces in Pennsylvania. Please continue to practice social distancing. The PA Department of Health requires anyone who visits Pennsylvania from another state, including Pennsylvanians returning to the Commonwealth, must either get tested within 72 hours prior to entering Pennsylvania or quarantine for 10 days upon returning.
Your commitment has been an essential part of our region’s ability to stay open. And by upholding the Pocono Promise, the counties can remain open allowing our region to be the fun responsible destination it has always been.
Wayne, Pike, Monroe and Carbon Counties are in the Green Phase of Governor Wolf’s COVID response Plan for Pennsylvania.
* Restriction Updates
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information (updated 12/30/20)
- Wolf Admin Current Mitigation Efforts (updated 11/23/2020)
- Requirements for Events and Gatherings: To strengthening gathering limitations, all large events and gatherings are reduced until further notice. The charts below show the Maximum Occupancy Calculator for indoor and outdoor events. updated 11/23/2020).
- Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine announced targeted efforts to control the spread of COVID19 in Pennsylvania. (updated 11/17/20)
- Governor Tom Wolf reminded Pennsylvanians that as COVID-19 cases continue to rise, the state’s existing mitigation efforts remain in place and are more important than ever to understand and follow. (updated 11/17/20)
Cick here for additional details for Businesses operating in the Green Phase. Also follow the link for an advisory notice from the PA Liquor Control Board about accommodations for outdoor dining and the extension of licensed premises for sale of liquor.
In response, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has pulled together valuable resources your organization can utilize to reopen and stay open. Included on this page are signs and guidelines, recommended suppliers of PPE and a link to the EPA disinfectant list. The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau has worked with their members and leaders of the community to provide a Marketing Tool Kit. Below you will also find training for employees and industry specific guidelines. Please refer back to our Reopening Page where new information is provided and adapted as new data emerges.
Additional resource pages from each of the Counties, the White House, OSHA, the CDC, and other public sector offices are listed to provide valuable information for your business to use for reopening. The priority during this time will be the safety of staff and consumers as the goal is to continue to protect lives.
- Plan for Pennsylvania
- View PMVB Member Webinars (updated 11/18/2020)
- Early Warning Monitoring System Dashboard (updated 11/17/20)
Pocono Mountains Branded Signs (see below)
- Stand with Restaurants! ( Flyer)
- Guidance to Stop the Spread
- We're Open
- We're Doing Our Part
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Flyer
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Poster
- Thank You for Visiting Our Town Postcard
- Online Self-Certification Form
- FAQ: PA Self-Certification Program
- Restaurants May Increase Indoor Occupancy to 50% Starting September 21st
- Wolf Administration Announces Targeted Mitigation
- PA Government Website: Guidance for Businesses in the Restaurant Industry
- CDC: Guidance for Businesses in the Restaurant Industry
- CDC: Considerations for Restaurants and Bars
- FDA Best Practices for Restaurants
- Guidance for Licensees in Yellow and Green Counties
- National Restaurant Association Covid-19 Reopening Guidance
- PRLA Restaurant Promise
- Servsafe Food Handler Products
- Servsafe Takeout & Servsafe Delivery Training Videos
- AHLA: Enhanced Industry-Wide Hotel Cleaning Standards
- Operational Considerations
- PRLA Hotel & Lodging Promise
- Amusement Parks and Attractions
- Golf Courses
- Museums and Cultural Organization
- Parks & Recreational Facilities
- DCNR Requires Out-of-State Visitors to Have Negative COVID-19 Test or Quarantine Before Visiting Parks
- Resources for Parks and Recreational Facilities (operator)
- PRPS Recreation and Park Reopening Guidelines (summary)
- PRPS Recreation and Park Reopening Guidelines (Revised & Expanded) includes guidance on the following:
- Visiting Parks and Recreational Facilities (visitor)
- Ski & Snows Activities
Industry professions can work together to bulk buy.
- Apex Advertisting* – Dave Ancharski, 717-533-1507, email@example.com ( PPE)
- TCB Promotions* – Melissa Moritz, 570-503-3954, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pocono ProFoods* – Drew Snyder, 570-517-7773, email@example.com
- THE MRL GROUP -Tracey Isenmann, 866-568-0574 x 258, firstname.lastname@example.org ( Mask Options)
- Pakoil Company - Melissa Smith, 610-360-7669, email@example.com ( Polo PPE Pricing)
- Barely Creek* - hand sanitizer - available – visit website for large amounts or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Safeguard* - Kevin Lloyd, 610-443-1616, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stat Medical PPE* - Ronni Prince, 305-945-0011, email@example.com
- PA directory for businesses
* Denotes Member of the Pocono Mountains Visitor Bureau
Click here for a searchable list of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2. This comprehensive list has over 300 products can be used against the Covid Virus. As always, follow the directions listed on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product.
The websites below offer cleaning and disinfecting guidance for businesses and can also be applied at home.
- Wayne County
- Pike County
- Monroe County
- Carbon County