* Media Alert *
Final COVID-19 Weekly Briefing
A Resource for Pocono Residents
WHAT: Our ninth and final briefing tomorrow (6/5) will take a retrospective look at COVID-19 in the Pocono region. As the COVID-19 numbers continue improving and our counties move closer to the ‘green’ phase of reopening, twelve panelists join us live to look back on the pandemic while also addressing future challenges our communities will likely face. Among many, the following topics will be discussed:
- Likely healthcare and legislative changes in response to COVID-19
- Community and small business needs in the near future
- Mental health concerns and coping skills following the pandemic
- How the Latino community is banding together and addressing current affairs in the world
- Preserving history and collecting local artifacts related to COVID-19
- Outdoor dining and the future of restaurants
WHO: Panelists include –
- Elizabeth Wise, President, Lehigh Valley Hospital-Pocono
- Don Seiple, President, St. Luke’s Monroe Campus
- Sarah Jacobi, VP of Community Impact, Pocono Mountains United Way
- Marlyn Kissner, Executive VP, Pocono Chamber of Commerce
- Sen. Mario Scavello, PA 40th District
- Rep. Rosemary Brown, PA 189th District
- Dr. Najma Khanani, St. Luke’s Psychiatric Associates
- Jessica Hopton, MSW, LCSW, Clinical Coordinator, LVPG Adult & Pediatric Psychiatry
- Paul Bartoli Ph.D., Psychology Professor, ESU
- Patrick McMunn Ph.D., Psychology Professor, ESU
- Dr. Damary Bonilla, Governor’s Advisory Commission on Latino Affairs
- Christina Luna, Host, Café con Christina
Moderated by Chris Barrett, President/CEO, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau
*To adhere to social distancing guidelines, panelists will join us in small and separate groups
WHEN: Friday, June 5, 2020 at 10 a.m. This will be an hour-long wrap-up show.
Video of this week’s final briefing can be provided to media outlets upon request. The Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau would like to thank print and television journalists for covering these important updates over the past nine weeks.
Pocono Mountains visitor information is available online at PoconoMountains.com or by phone at (570) 421-5791. Follow @PoconoTourismPR on Twitter to stay current with up-to-date information. Established in 1934, the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau is a private, non-profit membership organization. The PMVB is the official destination marketing organization for the four counties of Wayne, Pike, Monroe, and Carbon in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
About the Pocono Mountains
With 2,400 square miles encompassing Pennsylvania’s Wayne, Pike, Monroe, and Carbon counties, the Pocono Mountains region is home to rolling mountain terrain, breathtakingly beautiful waterfalls, thriving woodlands, and 170 miles of winding rivers. Winters offer guests the opportunity to ski, snowboard, snow tube, and even snowshoe their way through snowy wonderlands encompassing over 163 ski trails, while summers also cater to the active traveler allowing exploration of 261 miles of hiking and biking trails, over 30 golf courses, whitewater rafting, boating, fishing, and open access to nine state and two national parks.