Put your outdoor adventure into drive this summer in the Pocono Mountains! Take a UTV ride with Pocono Outdoor Adventure Tours, and get your adrenaline pumping on a motorized escapade perfect for family-fun.
We visited Pocono Outdoor Adventure Tours to give you insider tips for everything you need to know before visiting. Never heard of a UTV? No problem! Watch our Instagram story for a short, visual of our off-road adventure.
Originating in 1968, Pocono Outdoor Adventure Tours started their business renting snowmobiles. Located in Mount Pocono, “the longest running family snowmobile rental business in the United States,” added utility-terrain vehicle (UTV) rentals to their company.
Since incorporating UTV rentals, this family-owned business now provides year-round outdoor adventure fun! Whether snowmobiling in the winter months or UTVing during the spring through fall, Pocono Outdoor Adventure Tours is the perfect place to blow off some steam.
What is a UTV? Like all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) these machines are designed to be driven off-road. Instead of riding on top of an ATV, you are seated inside a caged UTV with netting strapped around the sides of the vehicle. The vehicles also have seat belts to keep you safely fastened in your seat while experiencing off-road adventure.
77 acres of open fields and wooded trails are ready for you to explore. Open seven days a week, seasonal rentals can be made between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. for either a single or double vehicle. Like it sounds, single vehicles are designed for one person while double vehicles are designed for two people.
Read on for our insider tips on Pocono Outdoor Adventure Tours before experiencing off-road adventure for yourself!
- Rentals are by the half-hour; singles $60, doubles $70
- Singles had a shorter distance from the seat to pedal than double vehicles. If you are shorter, you may want to consider driving a single or riding shot-gun in a double
- All individuals driving must sign a waiver and have a valid driver's license
- All individuals must wear a helmet; borrowed on-site
- All vehicles are governed at 16-18 mph for safety purposes; protecting you, the vehicles, and your wallet from excess damage
- Secure your loose items like phones and cameras; no extra room in vehicles for bags
- Keep your helmet visor down if it hasn't rained in a few days, or you'll be eating dust
- Keep tissues/wipes in your car in case it's an extra dusty day
- Dress for the season; wear clothing you aren't afraid to get dirty, sneakers, and light jacket in case of cooler weather
- Bring a change of clothes in case you are going to experience other activities after your off-road adventure
Now let the fun begin! Once seat belts are fastened and netting is secured, you can follow the guide for your UTV adventure!
Because of the winding trails and open spaces, the governed speed is more than enough to satisfy your adrenaline appetite. We had a blast navigating through the varying terrain, and know you will too!
You can always pay for another round if you want to drive a different vehicle or make a day of it! Interested in experiencing Pocono Outdoor Adventure Tours in the winter? Snowmobile rentals are made by the half-hour; $50 for a single vehicle and $60 for a double vehicle. If visiting in the winter, wear an insulated jacket, snow pants and boots. Gloves, scarves and face masks are also encouraged.
Thanks to our friends at Pocono Outdoor Adventure Tours for having us!
Interested in even more outdoor adventure? Check out our all-terrain vehicle outfitters for either guided or self-guided tours. The Pocono Mountains also offers Polaris Slingshot rentals for a 360-degree view of the region.
Don't miss all the fun; watch our Instagram story above for a firsthand outdoor adventure experience.