You’re in the bridal party: now it's time to start planning the ultimate bachelor or bachelorette trip to celebrate! Whether you're thinking spa retreat, winery tour, casino getaway, golf outing or wilderness adventure, the Pocono Mountains is the perfect one-stop shop for a big do before the big "I Do."
Located within easy driving distance of New York City and Philadelphia, the Poconos region is home to amazing places to stay and tons of activities for every season. Keep reading to discover weekend itineraries and ideas for fantastic bachelor and bachelorette parties.
- Head out on a high-speed adventure with Stock Car Racing Experience or tour the town on three wheels with Pocono Slingshot Rentals.
- Battle it out on the paintball fields.
- Enjoy fireside beers and brats while spending the night at a Pocono Mountains campground. Choose from RV, tent or cabin accommodations.
- Take to the trees! Work your way through a treetop adventure course, then soar through the sky on a mountain zip line.
- Keep the good times rolling! Add ATV adventures, whitewater rafting or even skydiving to the itinerary.
Burgers, Brews and Birdies
- Begin with great food and local brews. Take a tour and fuel up at Barley Creek Brewing Company.
- Stop by Pocono Harley-Davidson to do some dream shopping. Catch live music performances at the store on select weekends.
- Break for more local food and brews at the Gem and Keystone Brewpub. They're fully stocked with Shawnee Craft beers.
- Rest up at the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort.
- Spend the day on the green. Shawnee's island golf course is one of a kind.
- Depending on the time of year, add ski & snowsports, hiking or canoeing & kayaking to the itinerary.
Watch the video below to see what an amazing Poconos bachelor bash could look like!
Up All Night
- Do dinner at desaki. The hibachi shows are always a hit.
- See a comedian or concert at Mount Airy Casino Resort.
- Go for a little gaming after the show. Mount Airy has lots of tables and slots.
- Stay the night and start the next day with a hearty breakfast from Guy Fieri's.
- Chill at at Mount Airy's sleek indoor/outdoor pool and enjoy drinks at the Get Wet Pool Bar.
- Ready for more? Add entertainment, events or festivals to the itinerary.
Sip, Shop and Paint
- Delight in a vineyard tour and wine tasting at Mountain View Vineyard Winery & Brewery.
- Find your next craft project or new home decor at The Potting Shed and American Ribbon Craft and Fabric in downtown Stroudsburg.
- Pause for pizza and sangria at Sorrenti Family Estate Winery, Distillery and Pizzeria.
- Bond at a charming bed & breakfast or country inn.
- Spend a day shopping at The Crossings Premium Outlets.
- For even more quality girl time, add galleries, antiquing or spas & salons to the itinerary.
Picture your perfect bachelorette getaway: watch the video below for more inspiration.
Relax and Recharge
- Escape to The Lodge at Woodloch for a luxurious weekend. Indulge in spa treatments, wellness workshops, farm-to-table fine dining and fitness classes.
- Get creative during an interactive art class at The Art Factory of White Mills.
- Take a trip to the nearby, picture-perfect small towns of Honesdale and Hawley.
- Sample small-batch coffee and chocolate and tour Moka Origins Roastery Cafe and Chocolate Factory on the beautiful grounds of the Himalayan Institute.
- For even more peaceful pastimes, add scenic train excursions, local parks or live theater performances to the itinerary.
Fun and Fresh Air
- Hit the trails on horseback. Ride together at one of the Pocono Mountains' many stables.
- Head out on a hike in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- Explore the quaint town of Delaware Water Gap and grab lunch at Village Farmer and Bakery.
- Spend the night at the beautiful Santosha on the Ridge. Make time for yoga or reflection on the grounds.
- Paddle down the Delaware in a canoe or kayak. Planning a party for winter time? Hit the slopes instead.
- Immerse yourself in the outdoors. Add biking, wildlife viewing or whitewater rafting to the itinerary.