You’re in the bridal party: now it's time to start planning the ultimate bachelor or bachelorette trip to celebrate! Whether you're thinking spa retreat, winery tour, casino getaway, golf outing or wilderness adventure, the Pocono Mountains is the perfect one-stop shop for a big do before the big "I do."
Located within easy driving distance of New York City and Philadelphia, the Poconos region is home to amazing places to stay and tons of activities for every season. Keep reading to discover weekend itineraries and ideas for fantastic bachelor and bachelorette parties.
- Head out on a high-speed adventure with Stock Car Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway or tour the town on three wheels with Pocono Slingshot Rentals.
- Battle it out on the paintball fields. The largest paintball facility in the world, Skirmish Paintball, is located right here in the Poconos.
- Enjoy fireside beers and brats while spending the night at a Pocono Mountains campground. Choose from RV, tent or cabin accommodations.
- Take to the trees at a local adventure park! Work your way through a treetop ropes course, then soar through the sky on a mountain zip line. Blue Mountain Resort - Summit Aerial Park also offers action archery, laser tag, disc golf and more.
- Add ATV adventures, whitewater rafting or even a helicopter tour to keep the good times rolling.
Burgers, Brews and Birdies
- Begin with great food and local brews. Sample some of the best burgers in the Poconos and take a brewery tour as you fuel up at Barley Creek Brewing Company.
- Stop by Pocono Harley-Davidson to do some dream shopping.
- Continue your journey on the Pocono Beverage Trail with a stop at Silverback Distillery. Don't forget to sign up for the new Pocono Beverage Trail digital pass to collect points and tap into deals!
- Rest up on the shores of the Delaware River at the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort.
- Spend the day on the green. Shawnee's island golf course is one of a kind.
- Depending on the time of year, add ski & snowsports, hiking or canoeing & kayaking to the itinerary.
Watch the video below to see what an amazing Poconos bachelor bash could look like!
Up All Night
- Do dinner at desaki. The hibachi shows are always a hit.
- See a big-name comedy act or concert at Mount Airy Casino Resort.
- Go for a little gaming after the show. The casino floor at Mount Airy has over 1,800 slot machines, table games and more to try.
- Stay the night and start the next day with a hearty breakfast from Guy Fieri's.
- Take aim at Sunset Hill Shooting Range. Beginners are welcome, and experience instructors are on hand to show your group the ropes.
- Ready for more? Add entertainment, events or festivals to the itinerary.
Sip, Shop and Stroll
- Delight in a laid-back wine tasting at Soaked Winery in charming downtown Milford.
- Discover unique gifts and sustainable treasures at BetterWorld Store and Cafe just down the street.
- See a show or concert at the beautifully-renovated Milford Theater and Performing Arts Center.
- Unwind as a group in a picturesque cottage in the woods at Babbling Brook Cottages.
- For even more quality girl time, add galleries, antiquing or spas & salons to the itinerary.
Picture your perfect bachelorette getaway: watch the video below for more inspiration.
Relax and Recharge
- Escape to The Lodge at Woodloch for a luxurious weekend. Indulge in spa treatments, wellness workshops, farm-to-table fine dining and fitness classes.
- Have you heard of salt room therapy? Give this unique wellness trend a try and take time to meditate in the Northern Light Salt Cave. Sitting in a salt cave has many of the same effects as sitting on the beach for a few hours!
- Enjoy a trip to the nearby, picture-perfect small towns of Honesdale and Hawley.
- Sample small-batch coffee and chocolate and tour Moka Origins Roastery Cafe and Chocolate Factory on the beautiful grounds of the Himalayan Institute.
- For even more peaceful pastimes, add scenic train excursions, local parks or live theater performances to the itinerary.
Fun and Fresh Air
- Hit the trails on horseback. Ride together at one of the Pocono Mountains' many stables like Daisy Field Farm in White Haven. Beginners are welcome!
- Head out on a hike or bike ride through beautiful Lehigh Gorge State Park.
- For a truly unique outing, visit scenic local farms and markets like Quiet Hills Lavender Farm in Palmerton.
- Stay at a countryside bed and breakfast such as the beautiful Inn at Birch Wilds in Lehighton.
- Immerse yourself in the outdoors. Add biking, wildlife viewing or whitewater rafting to the itinerary.
For more bachelor and bachelorette party ideas, browse places to stay, things to do and events in the Pocono Mountains. Be sure to check special offers including girlfriend getaway packages as well. When it's time to plan your own special day, look to our directory of wedding venues and services.