Check back on August 1, 2024 when this blog will be updated. You’re in the bridal party: now it's time to start planning the ultimate bachelor/bachelorette party in the Poconos to celebrate! Whether you're thinking spa retreat, winery tour, casino getaway, golf outing or wilderness adventure, the Pocono Mountains is the perfect one-stop shop for a big do before the big "I do."
Located within easy driving distance of New York City and Philadelphia, the Poconos region is a great place for a Pennsylvania bachelor or bachelorette trip, with amazing places to stay and tons of activities for every season. Keep reading to discover weekend itineraries and ideas for fantastic bachelor and bachelorette parties.
1. Adrenaline Rush
- Head out on a high-speed adventure with Stock Car Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway or tour the town on three wheels with Pocono Slingshot Rentals.
- Battle it out on the paintball fields. The largest paintball facility in the world, Skirmish Paintball, is located right here in the Poconos.
- Enjoy fireside beers and brats while spending the night at a Pocono Mountains campground. Choose from RV, tent or cabin accommodations.
- Take to the trees at a local adventure park! Work your way through a treetop ropes course, then soar through the sky on a mountain zip line. Camelback Mountain Adventures offers plenty of fun in the fresh air, from aerial obstacles to a mountain coaster to UTV tours.
- Add ATV adventures, whitewater rafting or even a lift off with Pocono Helitours or a drop off with Pegasus Skydive Center to keep the good times rolling.
2. Downtown Action
- Begin with great food. Sample some of the best burgers in the Poconos at Trackside Station Bar & Grill in East Stroudsburg.
- Stop by the elegant lounge at Matador Cigars in downtown Stroudsburg.
- Journey along the Stroudsburg branch of the Pocono Beverage Trail at stops within a few blocks of each other like RAW Urban Winery & Hard Cidery and Tolino Vineyards Stroudsburg. Don't forget to sign up for the free Pocono Beverage Trail digital pass to collect points and tap into deals!
- Test your aim at Downriver Brewing Axe Throwing.
- Rest up at lodgings that are steps away from all the fun, like The Penn Stroud Hotel.
- Ready to branch out beyond the town? Depending on the time of year, ski & snowsports, hiking or canoeing & kayaking are a short drive away.
Up All Night
3. Up All Night
- Do dinner at desaki. The hibachi shows are always a hit.
- See a big-name comedy act or concert at Mount Airy Casino Resort.
- Go for a little gaming after the show. The casino floor at Mount Airy has over 1,800 slot machines, table games and more to try.
- Stay the night and start the next day with a hearty breakfast from Guy Fieri's.
- Take aim at Sunset Hill Shooting Range. Beginners are welcome, and experienced instructors are on hand to show your group the ropes.
- Ready for more? Add entertainment, events or festivals to the itinerary.
Sip, Shop, and Stroll
4. Sip, Shop, and Stroll
- Discover charming architecture and beautiful photo backdrops in storybook Milford, home to the castle-like Grey Towers National Historic Landmark.
- Discover unique gifts at shops like The Artisan Exchange and Earthly Treasures.
- Earn more points on your Pocono Beverage Trail digital passport as you sip delicious brews at Log Tavern Brewing Company.
- See a show or concert at the beautifully-renovated Milford Theater and Performing Arts Center.
- Unwind as a group in a picturesque cottage in the woods at Babbling Brook Cottages.
- For even more quality girl time, add galleries, antiquing or spas & salons to the itinerary.
Relax and Recharge
5. Relax and Recharge
- Escape to French Manor Inn and Spa for a luxurious weekend. Indulge in spa treatments, beautiful views, and renowned dining.
- Head into Hawley for a yoga class at The Eddy Studio.
- Make flower crowns with your bridesmaids using beautiful flowers from Gorgeous Floral - be sure to check out their seasonal classes too.
- Tap into your creative side with a workshop at BC Goods & Grain.
- For even more peaceful pastimes, add scenic train excursions, local parks or live theater performances to the itinerary.
Fun and Fresh Air
6. Fun and Fresh Air
- Grab electric bike rentals from Bronson Ebikes and Trikes in Lehighton to experience the popular D&L Trail winding alongside the Lehigh River.
- Visit scenic local farms and markets like Yenser's Tree Farm, which hosts seasonal festivals filled with sunflowers, pumpkins, and holiday greenery.
- Raise a toast to friendship as you sample the vintages at Wine & More on 1st.
- Have you ever tried glamping? Spend the night in an aesthetic, cozy tent with Pocono Glamping.
- Immerse yourself in the outdoors. Add biking, wildlife viewing or whitewater rafting to the itinerary.
For more bachelor and bachelorette party ideas, browse places to stay, things to do and events in the Pocono Mountains. Be sure to check special offers including girlfriend getaway packages as well. When it's time to plan your own special day, look to our directory of wedding venues and services.