So, you’re in the bridal party. The group’s been pinning and you’re tasked with organizing the “last fling before the ring.” Before you book a costly spree, consider a trip to the Pocono Mountains.
Just a 90- minutes car ride from New York City and Philly, the Pocono Mountains has tons of things to do in every season. There’s destination spas, golf courses, wineries and breweries, great shopping and bucket-list worthy adventures.
- Head out on a high-speed adventure with Stock Car Racing Experience or tour the town on three wheels with Pocono Slingshot Rentals.
- Battle it out on the paintball fields.
- Bank on fireside beers and brats. Spend the night at a Pocono Mountains campground. Choose from RV, tent or cabin accommodations.
- Take to the trees! Work your way through a treetop adventure course and then soar through the sky on a mountain zip line.
- Keep the good times rolling! Add ATV adventures, whitewater rafting, or skydiving to the itinerary.
BURGERS, BREWS & BIRDIES
- Begin with great food and local brews. Take a tour and fuel up at Barley Creek Brewing Company.
- Enjoy a little fresh air and friendly competition on the disc golf course.
- Break for more local food and brews at the Gem and Keystone Brewpub. They're fully stocked with Shawnee Craft beers.
- Rest up at the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort.
- Spend the day on the green. Shawnee's island golf course is one of a kind.
- Keep the good times rolling! Add ski & snowsports, hiking, or canoeing & kayaking to the itinerary.
UP ALL NIGHT
- Do dinner at desaki. The hibachi shows are always a hit.
- See a comedian or concert at Mount Airy Casino Resort.
- Go for a little gaming after the show. Mount Airy has lots of tables and slots.
- Stay the night and start the next day with a hearty breakfast from Guy Fieri's.
- Rest and recharge at Mount Airy's Wet Nightclub.
- Keep the good times rolling! Add entertainment, events, or festivals to the itinerary.
SIP, SHOP AND PAINT
- Delight in a vineyard tour and wine tasting at Mountain View Vineyard Winery & Brewery.
- Get creative during a Studio Canvas or Clay Party at Country Home Learning & Art Center.
- Pause for pizza and Sangria at Sorrenti Cherry Valley Vineyards.
- Bond at a Bed & Breakfast/Country Inn.
- Spend a day shopping at The Crossings Premium Outlets.
- Keep the good times rolling! Add galleries, antiquing, or spas & salons to the itinerary.
FUN AND FRESH AIR
- Hit the trails on horseback. Ride together at one of the Pocono Mountains' many stables.
- Head out on a hike in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- Dine al fresco at a Downtown Stroudsburg restaurant.
- Spend the night at the beautiful Santosha on the Ridge. Make time for yoga or reflection on the grounds.
- Paddle down the Delaware in a canoe or kayak. Planning a party for winter time? Hit the slopes instead.
- Keep the good times rolling! Add treetop adventures, zip lines, or biking to the itinerary.